You just clicked on Ana Valenzuela's online portfolio. This blog is no longer updated or maintained. Please check out alicekamatis.blogspot.com for latest news and reviews.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Plato Platina: Resto review

Plato Platina
Half a Minute


resto review
by Ana Kristine B. Valenzuela
What's On and Expat October 7-13, 2007


So all I ask is for you to come away with me in the night / Come away with me, ” carols Norah Jones invitingly to the modern day interiors of the Italian restaurant Plato Platina at the Blue Wave Complex along Diosdado Macapagal Avenue. Come away with me, come away and dine. What more can I say to the relaxing ambience and modern interiors playing host to an Italian feast…It was the night the Italian town of Naples celebrated the matrydom of San Genarro di Napoli yet I was revelling inso much more! My taste buds were aplomb!
On the palatable menu, I was filled with served pasta, pizza and paella. A good way to start, I thought, was with the pasta. As I was taking in the Arrabita-Fettucine, I got into some conversations

with a few people. That was when I learned Plato Platina is owned by interior designers and husband-wife tandem Ced and Ces Rodriguez. They named their restaurant after the Italian philosopher Plato and the first cookbook librarian-author Platina.
Changing courses was as easy as the first song ending and continuing with Polish singer Basia crooning, “What is there to say, when every dream just fades away, in half a minute”. These are the instances that I wished the minutes had not ended as I relished a slice of pizza. Honestly, I prefer the Gambertti Funghi con Pesto over their specialty pizza Pizza alla Carlitos. The former has this cracker-like crust. More than its thin, crispy crust, it’s the cheese that melted

onto the shrimps and mushrooms that made it extraordinary and inventive. This made me reserve it for my last bite.
Next the waiters served paella. On top of the rice were slices of round tomatoes, beans and a few other vegetables. Sure you might think that if you found a big tomato, a fist-sized one at that, it would be perfect for this vegetarian paella dish. Well, what’s more for a girl like me who eats tomatoes munching on them like they were apples. I definitely liked it but I think the Paella Verdure is a little too tomato-ey. But for someone who adores tomatoes, I didn’t mind, of course. The waiters also plated up Paella Nero made of seafood. The paella was named after the Roman emperor Nero who was believed to be either behind the burning of Rome or was playing the lyre as his city was being burned to ruins. The Paella Nero’s blackness comes from squid’s ink. A thing to watch out for are the shells because the dark lighting made me nibble on them.
As the night ends, Bacharach’s music filled the air, giving my hearing perceptions the right impressions of a soothing ambience. Good food, good music and great interiors make Plato Platina that one-of-a-kind Italian resto. The song Look of Love followed Bacharach’s note preference as my eyes gave their own “look of love” to the feast that satisfied my cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment