You just clicked on Ana Valenzuela's online portfolio. This blog is no longer updated or maintained. Please check out alicekamatis.blogspot.com for latest news and reviews.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Look Like a Model!

Look Like a Model!

By ANA KRISTINE B. VALENZUELA

published MAY 2010, MOD Magazine

MODELS—don’t you just hate how, in the words of Derek Zoolander, really, really ridiculously good-looking they are? What many of us don’t understand is that it takes a lot of work to look flawless and picture-perfect. So whether you want to be a model or just look like a model, take a cue from the country’s top models and snag their beauty secrets:

“I get a lot of rest, sleep, and eat healthy food, and use the right makeup that fits my skin type.”

- Jasmine Maierhofer


“After a show, I make it a point to immediately remove my makeup so that my skin can breathe. I also make it a point to use facial cleanser, toner, and moisturizer every morning and every night before I go to sleep. I also use sunblock to protect my skin from UV rays. I make it a point to drink lots and lots of water. I’m extra careful with the area around my eyes as it is really delicate. I apply eye cream every morning and every night.”

- Gisselle Paqueo, Ford Supermodel of the World Philippines 2008




“Before I go to bed, I wash my face to remove makeup. I try to wash my face three times a day. I also get enough sleep as much as possible. When you don’t sleep, it usually shows in your eyes, pati energy mo nawawala. So try to get at least seven hours of sleep every day. Don’t forget to drink water as you will feel hydrated inside.”

- Emerald Villahermosa, Ford Supermodel of the World Philippines 2007

----------------------------

So You Want To Be a Model?

YOU want to see yourself on the pages of MOD, on the billboards along busy EDSA, or grace a television commercial. But the question is, do you have what it takes to be a model?

According to Dennis Arca of Modelo Pilipinas what you need is the X-factor. “The X-factor,” he says, “consists of attitude, a beautiful face, body structure, and height.”

Attitude, according to Arca, is important. You have to have confidence to be able to project a beatiful image. And confidence stems from having a positive attitude about yourself, about other people, about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment